Integrating Print on Demand with TikTok Shopping
In 2016, Chinese company Bytedance created and released 'Douyin', a social media platform for sharing videos. Immediately and massively successful, the platform was released to the global market as TikTok in 2018. The international version of the app has been just as successful as Douyin was and still is in China; the huge number of people using the app on a regular basis has seen TikTok become a major player in the e-commerce landscape, providing an exceptional way for companies to market their products.
In this edition of the Brickweb blog, we reveal some mind-blowing statistics about TikTok.
- The TikTok app has been downloaded more than 3.5 billion times around the world, becoming one of only five apps to accomplish this major milestone.
- In the second quarter of 2022, the most recent data available, TikTok had more than one billion active users every month.
- A recent report from SensorTower revealed that, on average, TikTok users spend around 95 minutes every day on the platform. This figure truly shows TikTok's dominance in the social media sector: the average time is nearly twice that of Instagram and Facebook, triple that of Twitter and over four times that spent on Snapchat. Official statistics from TikTok show that users access the app multiple times a day.
- Data from Statista shows that, in one internet minute, TikTok users around the globe watch more than 167 million hours of videos using the app.
- The TikTok app is currently available for download in no less than 154 countries. In 124 of these, the app is a stalwart of the top 10 overall list.
- According to Social Insider's 2022 industry benchmarks, TikTok is now 'the most engaging social media platform', enjoying a median engagement rate of almost 6%.
- Data from Brand Finance shows that TikTok is the fastest-growing brand in the world, with its value rising by a massive 215% in 2022 to over £47.6 billion. This puts it in 18th place on the list of the top 500 most-valuable global brands.
Responding to the growing number of e-commerce companies using the app, TikTok created a partnership with Shopify in the US and Canada in 2021. Entitled 'TikTok Shopping', the service was soon made available to carefully-selected partners in the UK. Brickweb was one of the first UK partners.
The Brick Factory, Brickweb's unique cloud portal designed to allow print on demand companies to run their entire merchandise factory in real time, can be seamlessly integrated with TikTok. This integration puts your company immediately in touch with TikTok's massive and ever-growing user base, giving you the chance to put your operation on a global stage.
TikTok is just one of the many platforms that The Brick Factory can be integrated with; other platforms include eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy, WooCommerce, Square space and even with unique stores. You can find out more details about The Brick Factory on our website.
We'd like to invite you to experience a demonstration of The Brick Factory to discover all of the many powerful features it offers and the benefits it could bring to your print on demand business. Provided free of charge, the demonstration will take around one hour. Get in touch with our team today to book yours!