Vital E-Commerce Statistics
As retailers gear up for the annual Christmas spending spree, e-commerce is once again going to play a crucial role. Already in a permanent state of exponential growth, e-commerce has accelerated even more rapidly in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, continuing to smash existing records. Investing in e-commerce strategies has never been more important for businesses of all types and sizes.
In this edition of the Brickweb blog, we'll be looking at statistics that highlight the ever-more pressing need for businesses to optimise their online presence.
- The Q3 2021 report by Metapack suggests that peak delivery volumes could rise by 10.7%, smashing the record of 25.4% set in November 2020. According to Metapack's analysis, the biggest rise (18% year on year) will take place in October as consumers start their Christmas shopping early
- Credit Karma's Q3 2021 report showed that 70% of UK shoppers now prefer to shop online from all devices, up from less than 50% before the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Sitecore's Holiday Trends Report 2021 found that a huge majority (83%) of online retailers feel that Christmas this year will be a 'make or break period for their business after the unique challenges of 2020. The report also revealed that more than 25% of UK shoppers had already begun their Christmas shopping, driven by the anticipation of price increases and product shortages
- 1,000 customers were surveyed by Adobe about their shopping habits. 40% of respondents said that they were avoiding shopping in brick-and-mortar stores due to fears about COVID-19, even though most restrictions have now been lifted
- Data from Ofcom shows that the spending power of people under the age of 18 has increased, a trend that is continuing. In March 2021, teenagers spent 68% of their money buying goods online
- Research by eShopWorld, a global e-commerce brand, showed that the UK is the third most-shopped market by international customers. Over 22,000 customers from 11 different countries were surveyed, with 20% of these customers purchasing products from UK-based e-commerce websites in the past 12 months
Brickweb is a leading web development agency and can help YOUR business to achieve success in the rapidly-growing e-commerce landscape. Find out more about our comprehensive range of services and solutions on our website, where you can also request a personalised audit of your current website free with our compliments.