Print on Demand: Vital Statistics
It's no secret that customised products are incredibly popular: the print on demand market is positively booming and is showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon. If you want to get in on the action or if you're already working in the sector and want to dramatically improve your odds for success, then you need to know about The Brick Factory. More on that later; for now, let's look at some eye-opening statistics about the current print on demand market. Sources are given in parentheses.
- The growth of print on demand is unprecedented. In 2021, the global market was valued at just £4 billion. By 2030, that figure is projected to reach in excess of £32.4 billion, representing a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of a staggering 26.2%. (Straits Research)
- The number of searches for the term 'print on demand' began a steep and swift rise in March of 2020, at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, search numbers for the term are still way above their level before the pandemic hit, suggesting that print on demand has remained popular and relevant even after its initial peak of interest. (Ahrefs)
- So far in 2023, the top-trending products for print on demand are t-shirts, hats, hoodies, wall art, bags and phone cases. (Printful)
- Photographs are one of the key things that print on demand customers choose to decorate custom products with. The largest market share is currently held by the USA at 39%, with Europe following closely behind at 28%. (GlobeNewswire)
- From this year until 2030, the global market for custom-printed textiles is estimated to grow at a CAGR of over 14%. (Grand View Research)
- Consumers across the board are more and more often looking for sustainable products. The technology used in digital printing reduces water consumption by almost 90% and electric consumption by as much as 30% compared to traditional printing techniques. As custom printed garments are made to order and no inventory needs to be held, the amount of waste is further reduced. (Fortune Business Insights)
- The sublimation printing sector has held the market's largest share since 2021. Its market share is projected to undergo the most rapid growth of all printing types, reaching a figure in excess of 53% by 2030. (GlobeNewswire)
Designed and developed by leading e-commerce development agency Brickweb, The Brick Factory is a cloud-based tool that allows print on demand companies to manage all aspects of their operation in real time from any internet-enabled device. Items ordered by your customers are placed automatically into a custom workflow before being produced and drop-shipped, keeping you informed and in control at every stage of the process.
You can integrate The Brick Factory with all e-commerce platforms and populate your store with thousands of ready-to-customise items from the databases of major suppliers. Either you or your customers can then use The Brick Factory's state-of-the-art designer module to create an infinite array of designs to apply to any of these products.
These are just some of the key features of The Brick Factory, a revolutionary business automation tool. To find out more please check out the 'Print on Demand' page on our website and browse past editions of our blog. You are also invited to experience a free, in-depth demonstration of The Brick Factory and its suite of powerful features. Get in touch with our team to book yours!