Not That Into Facebook? Read The Latest Facts!
There has been a massive rise in the number of people who have set up an account on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Brick technology web design regularly tries to explain to our internet marketing customers about how important social media is but to no avail.
Many of our internet marketing clients as with many of our other clients are only interested in the statistics – are we performing or not? Well for those of you who want the facts here are the top ten concerning social networking site Facebook:
- Currently there are over 500 million users
- Over 700 billion minutes a month are spent on Facebook
- Facebook is used by 1 in every 13 people on the earth
- Over 250 million of the users (over 50%) login every single day
- Average user has around 150 friends although this is increasing as more join
- 48% of 18-34 year olds check Facebook when they wake up
- 28% of 18-34 year olds check Facebook before they have even got out of bed
- The 35+ demographic is growing rapidly and 72% of US internet users are on Facebook
- 70% of the entire user base is located outside the US
- In just 20 minutes on Facebook, 1 million links are shared, 2 million friend requests accepted and 3 million messages are sent!
This is all very impressive stuff but all this is growing day by day as more and more people join the social network site Facebook. When you think about this massive audience right at your fingertips it is stupid for a business not to have a presence on social networking sites.