Crucial SEO Statistics...
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a key factor in making sure that your website stands out among your competitors. In this edition of the Brickweb blog, we'll reveal some telling statistics that relate to SEO (sources are given in brackets). We'll also tell you how you can get a free, personalised SEO audit of your website with compliments of Brickweb.
- Google currently accounts for over 70% of global search traffic (NetMarketShare). When it comes to search, Google is the undisputed king. While it's also important to rank highly on the other major players of the search engine world, it is ESSENTIAL to rank highly on Google and that means complying with the requirements of their latest algorithm. Our free SEO report will show you how to do just that.
- The top five organic results on Google's first search engine results page account for 67% of clicks (Zero Limit Web). The quality of your SEO plays a huge role in ensuring that your website is among this elite, attracting more than two thirds of all clickthroughs.
- More than half of marketing professionals (57%) believe that on-page content development is the most effective tactic when it comes to SEO (Content Marketing Institute).
- 55% of households will own a smart speaker by next year (TechCrunch. This means that SEO now needs to be optimised for voice searches, which differ from standard searches by being longer and more conversational.
- 55% of all online traffic came from a mobile device in 2020 (StatCounter). This figure is only set to grow and so its crucial that your website SEO is optimised for mobile. CNBC predicted that around 73% of internet users will access the internet solely from mobile devices by 2025.
- 70% of internet companies think that good SEO is more effective than pay-per-click (PPC) advertising (Databox). Respondents in the Databox study said that they saw better results (in terms of traffic, sales and leads) from good SEO than from PPC campaigns.
It's clear that good SEO can make all the difference between success and failure in the competitive internet marketplace. You can find out how well (or not!) YOUR website is performing across a range of factors with the free SEO report from Brickweb. Click HERE to get yours...