Vital Statistics: The Importance of SEO
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an essential part of digital marketing, helping to drive websites to the top of search engine results pages. In this edition of the Brickweb blog, we will reveal some compelling facts and statistics about SEO. Sources are given in parentheses.
- Google is the unmatched search engine giant, owning a massive 91.9% of the market share (Statcounter)
- As of 2020, Google was used to make searches 81,000 every second, equating to over 7bn searches per day. Note that these are the most up-to-date figures available from Google so the actual figure is likely to be much higher now (Google)
- 68% of experiences online begin with a search engine (BrightEdge)
- More than 70% of desktop search traffic globally came from Google, followed by Bing, Baidu and Yahoo (NetMarketShare)
- Holding the top spot organically in Google results in a clickthrough rate of over 34% (Sistrix)
- The return on investment from SEO can exceed 12 times the value of marketing spend and, in comparison with digital advertising, can reduce customer-acquisition cost by an average of 87% (Terakeet)
- Organic searches are responsible for driving over 53% of global website traffic (BrightEdge)
- When compared to organic traffic from social media, SEO-driven organic traffic is a massive 1,000% higher (BrightEdge)
- For B2B businesses, twice as much revenue is generated from organic search than from all other channels (BrightEdge)
- 61% of companies outsource their content-marketing work to web development companies like Brickweb (Content Marketing Institute)
- While as many as 32% of all clicks are made on websites in the number-one position of Google search result pages, less than 1% of clicks originate from the second page (Backlinko)
- 53% of consumers research products using search engines before making a decision about whether to buy a product (Google)
- Brands which regularly post blog articles enjoy 97% more backlinks than brands which do not (HubSpot)
- The highest results on search engine pages have up to four time more backlinks than those in lower positions (Backlinko)
- Nine out of ten B2B buyers use search engines to research potential purchasing decisions (Google)
- Over 60% of marketers say that SEO and organic traffic is their number-one priority when it comes to marketing online (HubSpot)
- Almost 68% of all clicks are on the top five organic results on search engine results pages (Zero Limit Web)
- Three-quarters of searchers never go beyond the first page of search engine results (HubSpot)
- Over 94% of clicks are on organic search engine results (Search Engine Watch)
It is crystal clear that good SEO practices are absolutely key when it comes to success in the ultra-competitive online arena. The Brickweb team, made up of highly-experienced professionals, can provide state-of-the-art SEO services to propel your online business to success.
To find out how well your current website is performing, you can request a detailed, personalised SEO report from Brickweb. The report will be with you in minutes and is provided without charge. Find out more about our services and solutions on the Brickweb site and do not hesitate to contact our expert team for further information and advice.