Product Information on E-Commerce Websites: New Research
New research has revealed that consumers have increasingly high expectations for ecommerce businesses to deliver 'strong, product-driven experiences'. Conducted by Opinion Way in February of this year, the Akeno survey sought the opinions of 3,500 consumers from seven different countries (UK, USA, Germany, France, China, Canada and Australia) about their views on business-to-customer (B2C) experiences.
Key findings from the survey include:
- If they encountered 'flawed product information', 80% of consumers would abandon a potential purchase and 60% would return a purchased product
- Following a negative experience related to product information, 3 out of 4 consumers would choose a different brand
- Nearly half of respondents would be willing to pay a premium of at least 10% for accurate product information. More than 1 in 10 consumers would be prepared to pay 50% more
- Brand values are of increasing importance to consumers, with over 50% prepared to pay a higher price for products that display clear information about things like responsible sourcing, product miles, sustainability and carbon footprints
- Almost 80% of online shoppers expressed an interest in receiving product information from new technology like voice assistants, VR and chatbots
- 54% of UK consumers expect free delivery as standard
- Following negative experiences related to product information, 78% of UK Shoppers would avoid a particular brand
It is clearly essential that ecommerce businesses need to provide clear, accurate and comprehensive information about the products they supply in order to meet the growing demands of the modern consumer. Achieving such high levels of clarity and accuracy can be difficult, even for those who know their products well.
At Brickweb, we employ talented writers who can create reliable, effective product descriptions from the most basic information. Our writers can also create other world-class content for your ecommerce website in the form of newsletters, blog articles, social media posts and much more.
To find out more about the professional suite of web development services offered by Brickweb, we invite you to browse our website, where you will also find our diverse portfolio of clients. For further information, get in touch with our expert team.